Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lasagna Bread Braid

Photobucket



It's been a while since I last wrote. I've been in a bit of a food rut, sticking with a lot of the old. Finally this week I decided I was started to meal plan. Every Sunday I will sit down after church and make a menu for the week. And because when making a menu you think, I don't want the same ol' same ol', I ended up with all my cookbooks scattered over the living room and this, my friends, is where I came up with this yummy dish.
This dish serves two very hungry people or three normally hungry people.

You will need:

one refridgerated pizza crust (I like Pilsbury)
ricotta cheese
plum tomatoes or those really really little ones, I used the little ones bc that's all I could find fresh
shredded/shaved parm cheese
garlic powder

On a greased cookie pan spread your pizza crust out as big as possible. Cut the ends into strips about 2in long. Spread ricotta cheese on the middle then layer your tomatoes and sprinkle with your cheese.Lay your strips in a braid design tucking the edges underneath. Sprinkle garlic powder on top the sprinkle more cheese.
Bake according to you pizza crust can which should be something like 425 for 11-ish minutes.

Serve with marinara dipping sauce.

No comments: