Friday, August 21, 2009

Colorful Pasta Salad

I know I know, I don't post enough.

I went to a graduation party a couple of months ago now and had this pasta salad. I picked it over the others bc it was pretty, just like any girl would do right? Right?

I had one bite and I was hooked! I fix this stuff at least once a week and eat it standing in front of the fridge while Tim watches Sportscenter. I tell him I'm cleaning.

I usually fix a smaller batch but this recipe is for a larger portion, feeding an entire party.


1 box pasta, any kind you want, even mix different boxes together. I like that funky kind that's name starts with an M and holds lots of juices in its folds.
1 jar whole button mushrooms, drained and cut in half.
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 orange pepper, diced
(heck I just buy one of those tri-colour packs.)
McCormick Salad Supreme seasoning (this is the secret to amazing pasta salad)
Italian dressing, any will do but I like Kraft Zesty Italian
1 cucumber, diced

I suppose if you like onions you could add them too, but I don't, so I don't.

Boil pasta.

Half pasta and veggies into two freezer sized Ziplocs. Pour half the bottle of dressing into each bag. Pour 1/4 seasoning into each bag. Close and mix. Chill.

I've found I love the ziploc method so much more than bowls. It's easier to get everything mixed well and easier to transport too!

No comments: