Thursday, May 8, 2008

My all time favorite favorite thing to eat: Grandpa Queen's noodles!!!

This recipe was passed down from my grandpa, who was the best cook I've ever met. He used to make these every holiday and he'd make the biggest pot he could find because they went that fast!! This is just a two person recipe (with a teeny bit left over for lunch the next day).

2c flour
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
2 tsp salt
1/4 to 1/2c water

Mix all ingrediants in a big bowl.
Cover a working surface with loads of flour and dump a portion of the mix in the flour. Cover it so your hands don't get all sticky. *Make sure to keep your hands covered in flour else it will stick to you!!
I don't believe in rolling pins so I I just use my palms and press the dough into a thin mass. Then I use a knife and cut strips of noodle. You can then either lay them flat to dry and freeze or dump in a boiling pot of chicken (or beef broth). Then add some cooked chicken and you're ready to go.

No comments: